Sunday, July 13, 2008

J

Kathryn and I were discussing recently how it might be possible to change your name into an initial. You know, instead of me going by Matt Howell - I'd go by M.T. Howell (my first two initials). There are plenty of people out there who do this - C.S. Lewis, R.C. Sproul, J.K. Rowling, A1 Steak Sauce, etc. But how do you start this trend for yourself? That's the question.

And the more we thought about it - we realized that the crucial denominator is the letter J. Most every initialized nomenclature possesses the letter J. Here are our findings:

A.J. - the Apple Jacks "mascot"
B.J. Novak - Ryan on The Office
C.J. - there is a C.J. that goes to our church
D.J. Tanner - Full House
E.J. - Kathryn knowns an E.J.
J.J. - the "DY-NO-MITE" guy from Good Times
K.J. - Kendall Jackson winery
L.J. - Larry (Grandma) Johnson, LL Cool J
M.J. - Jordan, Jackson....
N.J. - New Jersey
O.J. - hmmmm
P.J. - a coffee house, a type of wine, shorthand for pajamas
R.J. - Again, Kathryn knows one.
S.J. - Sarah Joy
T.J. - I happen to know 2 T.J.s (for the price of 1)
V.J. Singh - the golf-o-matic golfer

I am going to go for HJ. It doesn't really roll off the tongue....but it does roll off your back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this might be my best day... I MADE IT INTO MATT'S BLOG!!! by name, no less... not just something that i would know was me, but ME!

Kel said...

I wish i were on the list. (Single Tear).

Jeremiah Punditt said...

OMG (oh my (g)jerry curl)! You for didn't mention the good ole fashioned B.J.

I can't believe you would neglect such an important icon in our society. Of course by B.J. I mean backtender juice.

Mmmm, nothing like cutting through the citrusy rind of a back tender only to squeeze out a fresh glass of B.J. Reminds me of mayonnaise pancakes and licorice scrambled eggs on Tuesday mornings as a child.

Melons. (J.)