Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Mascots and Have-nots

While reading the news this morning, Kathryn and I came across a few more articles pertaining to the Tamil Tiger rebel group in Sri Lanka. Kathryn said something to the effect of, "Finally, a terrorist organization with a mascot."

I agree.

It's about time those radical, political, militant rebel forces out there go by something other than those weird, unpronounceable names. They need something a little more down to earth, something a little more collegiate. How about the Hezbollah Eagles? Or the Al Quida Yellowjackets? Or the Hamas Oilers? Or the Taliban Sooners?

Do the Tamil Tigers have cheerleaders? Do they chant, "Go Tigers, Go Tigers, Go!!!" as they invade innocent lands and oppress innocent people?

I think these terrorist/political groups should establish an intramural sports league. I'd buy tickets to see the Eagles play the Oilers. I would even try and snag some courtside tickets for the Sooners vs. the Tigers.

But I wouldn't cheer for them. I'd bring one of those big, giant foam finger things. Only mine wouldn't be the pointer finger.

1 comment:

Jeremiah Punditt said...

I find it ironic that Hamas (meaning Ham Ass) calls themselves hamass. The Islams don't eat ham. Or Amas. They think it's dirty. So why would they want to be called a dirty pig hiney? Or dirty pig donkey? Or Bohiney. What is a bohiney anyway? Maybe it's a Islami hiney. But it's probably illegal to say that. In the Taliban, that is.