Monday, April 23, 2007

May Madness

You have heard about March Madness. I'm sure you have. If you haven't, then you have issues.
But you most likely have not heard about May Madness. This "madness" is a bit different for two reasons:
1) May Madness is not in March
2) May Madness has nothing to do with college basketball

The Madness of May will be more or less a publicity stunt/personal challenge for me as a blogger. I pledge to blog once a day for the entire month of May. Nothing big. Nothing long. Just the first thought of the morning. I will wake up, go to the computer, sign in to the blogger account, and write. Every morning. All month long. Madness.

I was reading about a musician who wrote/recorded a song every day for an entire year. It was an album of 365 songs. I really liked that idea. Seeing how I could never do that as a musician, I thought, I could certainly do that as a blogger. But certainly not for an entire year. So I limited myself to an entire month. Madness.

Therefore, keep your eyes peeled...stay on the edge of your seats....eat some pop-tarts....because May Madness approaches. And it is going to be maddening. And May-ening.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that is a greaat idea. After my first year working at Twin Lakes Summer Camp, I decided to a thing called Twin Laker of the Day were every day I would post a picture and write something about them but I also had to write a post prior to that. There were about 60 people so it went on for a while and was really only disrupted by Hurricane Katrina. It's good to write a little each day even if what you write is complete garbage, there may still be a nugget that comes from it.

keely said...

Whoa. I totally just ate some pop-tarts. No lie.

Anonymous said...

I just want you to know that a while back ago I bought a WAMP shirt from Cafepress.com. It has the four pictures of you guys in different color squares and made into a big square with WAMP on the back. I got the baseball tee but the sleeves felt awkward so I had my Aunt cut them and hem them. Anyway I just wanted to say that when I wear it I get lots of compliments on it. Good compliments. Also I'm very tired right now and in the morning I probably won't remember writing this.

Clint said...

edge of seat = primed