Sunday, April 08, 2007

Year in Review

April 8th, 2006. An entire year has slipped by since we exchanged our vows. Kathryn was beautiful and has only gotten more so. I, on the other hand, think that was the best I may ever look. And it wasn't that great. Our friends and family made the long hike out to Memphis, TN to be witnesses for our covenantal union. We danced all night. We ate like kings. It was a long and exhausting weekend. I was forced to get on stage and freestyle rap at my own reception. Aside from that, it was a wonderful time. The worst part about it was the lack of time to spend and catch up with everyone.

After 365 consecutive days of married-life, here are some stats/lessons learned upon looking back over the year:

- I think I have only shaved 3 or 4 times since we got married. I'm not lying, I'm just very, very lazy.
- The envelope system worked for about 1.5 months for us.
- I've learned that I enjoy folding laundry. It is my favorite chore.
- Kathyrn is a really good cook.
-Thank you notes don't make you grateful. They actually upset you that people gave you stuff that you now have to thank them for. They remind me of the Mosaic law - they are good but when they meet with me they are sin-intensifying.
- Corporate America is very scary. People are certainly not as kind as they are in the world of ministry and service.
- I'm thankful Kathryn loves to have fresh muffins/cakes/baked goods around often.
- The pollen in Charlotte is plague-like. Allergies have been dreadful.
- Kathryn is better at fighting than me.
- We love to grill (thank you to the groomsmen).
- One thing that has made marriage somewhat easier - We eat dinner together every night and we go to sleep together at the same time.
- On that note, I steal covers.
- We love to do Sudoku's together.
- Kathryn enjoys exercising and being outdoors much more than I do. I would be content to sleep all day.
- Kathryn has acquired about 40+ nicknames from me over the past year. My personal favorite: "Poop stain."

Good year. One down. Lots to go.

2 comments:

corbs said...

jewp stain is my favorite

Clint said...

the envelope system, LOL-lercoaster... i remember really admiring you guys for making that work. but, alas, you are human like the rest of us, unlike Dave Ramsey.