Thursday, June 21, 2007

Sweating Chicken Grease

A few months back I received a set of coupons from Chick Fil A in the mail. It wasn't those stupid 50 cents off coupons, these were the real deal: Free Chick Fil A sandwich (2 coupons of that one) - no purchase necessary....Free chicken biscuit with purchase of cup of coffee. However, on the coupons, it noted "Please use by 2/28." Interesting way to put it, I thought. They are politely asking me to "please" use this by a certain date.

Anyhoo - I let the coupons sit around until 2/27 and then remembered about the wonderful offer Chick Fil A had graciously provided me. So I went and got a chicken sandwich for lunch. For free. No purchase necessary. And then on 2/28 I went over in the morning and got my chicken biscuit with my (purchased) cup of coffee. And a few hours later I went back to cash in my last free chicken sandwich for lunch. I wouldn't have crunched in so many chicken outings if it hadn't kindly asked me, "Please use by 2/28." I wanted to respect their kind and polite request. On that final lunch trip, as I was awaiting my final free chicken sandwich, I asked the cashier just want it meant exactly to "please use by 2/28." She told me that it meant that it did NOT expire on 2/28 and that I can have used it for as long as I wanted. Hmmm. That would have been good to know on my first chicken outing. But as a result, I had Chick Fil A for 3 out of 4 meals. And I won't be going back anytime soon...although I did appreciate their coupon flexibility and their polite way of informing me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

chicken is a waste of time; next time you are itching for tenders, try the back tender variety

Clint said...

tender itch

sarah corbin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.