Friday, September 28, 2007

Free Coke and Stomach Troubles

We don't really buy coke in our house. And by "coke," I am referring to all types of "soda," "pop," and "soda pop" (Coke included). Coke can be Coke. And coke can be Coke. But it can't be cooke. Or kreme.

As I was saying, we don't buy this stuff. It is a bit of a luxury. We drink water. Occasionally pink lemonade. Very rarely something with a prefix of "cran," but never really coke. So...anytime I am somewhere and there is free coke, I drink it. And I drink a lot of it. I can't stop.

Tonight we had a picnic for my seminary. There were burgers, brats (ooooh yeah), dogs, and chicken wing stew. And potato salad. And chips. And coke. Lots of coke. Free coke. Coca-cola Classic that is. And how classic it was.

I had three cans in the span of one hour and 45 minutes.

And I felt like I was going to yack the rest of the night. A stomach filled with cans of sugary-carbonated-syrup is not a good mix with junked out, bulk-bought burgers, handfulls of needless Lays Original potato chips, and an unnecessarily large scoop of room-temp potato salad. I think I am actually sweating coke. And about to vomit my entire dinner up onto this computer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A rule of thumb for me: whenever I go to a party or any place where I get fed and there are cans of "coke" avalible, I always take one home when I leave. I like to think of them at parting gifts.

corbs said...

u wood