Thursday, October 30, 2008

When Things Heat Up: A Conversation

Oliver: How's the eel?

Gene: Ah, it's ok. A bit eel-y if you ask me.

Oliver: I did ask you.

Gene: Well there you go. Eel-y.

Oliver: You should try putting some wasabi on it.

Gene: Wasabi? Naw, I don't mess with that stuff. Too strong. I prefer Tabasco.

Oliver: How is Wasabi stronger than Tabasco?

Gene: Wasabi cleans out your sinuses. It's like receiving a kick to the face. Smack! Plomp!!

Oliver: Plomp? Come on, that's not a kick-to-the-face noise.

Gene: Is it not?

Oliver: No. And furthermore, wasabi may be a kick to the sinus-

Gene: Face.

Oliver: What did I say, "sinus"?

Gene: Yeah.

Oliver: Sorry. Ok....so wasabi may be a kick to the face, but seriously, it totally goes away in like 3 seconds. Tabasco builds on itself, never really leaving your tongue. It just gets perpetually hotter and hotter and hotter and -

Gene: True, but I prefer the slow gradual heat as opposed to the kick-in-the-face (or sinus) heat. Plomp!! I don't know, that's just how I roll.

Oliver: Sushi roll.

Gene: Exactly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to hang out with Gene and Oliver