Thursday, August 21, 2008

French Fries: A Conversation

Oliver: Are you gonna eat all those?

Gene: You mean, "all those" french fries I ordered? Yes. I am planning on eating what I ordered.

Oliver: Woah, easy killer. Don't get fussy with me. It's not that stupid of a question.

Gene: No, actually it's pretty stupid. And nice use of "fussy" there.

Oliver: You're telling me that it is a stupid question to wonder whether or not someone is planning on eating the mountain of fried potatoes that was just put in front of them?

Gene: It is a stupid question to assume the possibility that I might not eat what I ordered.

Oliver: Look at the amount of fries on your plate and tell me whether you are currently committed to the principle of "finishing what you started" or that you are actually in the process of developing an eating strategy to consume all 400 french fries.

Gene: Do you not think I am able to eat all of these?

Oliver: That's not the issue. The issue is whether or not my initial question was stupid or not.

Gene: It was stupid.

Oliver: You're stupid.

Gene: Prove it.

Oliver: You ordered 400 french fries and you are planning on eating all of them.

Gene: You're just being fussy because I'm not going to share with you.

Oliver: Exactly.

No comments: