Friday, March 04, 2005

I Could Sing a Song

In Alphabetical Order
a Matty Matt Sax Project
Circa 2005


C D Bm
I could sing a song about rainbows
C D G
You’d remind me that it’s rained
C D
But I’d reply
B Em
“Haven’t you seen the sky?”
C D G
And you would just complain

I could sing a song about Paris
You’d say it was dirty and vile
And they gave Iraq guns
And the women don’t shave enough
What must I do for a smile?

C B Em D C D Em
And I know the glass could never be half full
C B Em D C D A
Cause your glass is full of vodka and red bull

I could sing a song about puppies
Kittens and bunny rabbits too
But you’d say they smell
And they annoy the hell
The hell out of you

So I wrote a song about cancer
I threw in a couple lines bout genocide
I knew we were wrong
When you sung along
And tried to harmonize

No comments: