Friday, March 04, 2005

Zeno's Paradox

Zeno’s Paradox
In Alphabetical Order
a Matty Matt Sax Project
Circa 2005

C G Am
We stayed up till 12 o clock
Dm C E
Raised our drinks at the ball’s descent
Am F G
Anna, everyone’s kissing here but us

C G Am
When all of this awkwardness
Dm C E
Dissipates with the plastic forks
Am F G
Anna, maybe I’ll find the courage then

F C
When I’m with you
F C
I’m so high
F C Em G
Then gravity responds

Am F Em
Paradise, come soon
Am F G Am F G C
Paradox – Why must you close the pair of eyes I’m looking through?

Tip toe to the top of time
Count it down like hide and seek
Anna, ready or not cause here I come

It’d have to take 6 months
To walk from Georgia to Maine
Anna, it’d take a lifetime to step to you

When you’re with me I'm so high
Then gravity answers

F C Em Am
Look at Mikey now – old and overweight
F C E Am
Child acting sure has consequences
F C Em Am
After every take they fed him chocolate cake
F C E Am
Now he’s so obese he’s lost his senses
When I’m with you
When you’re with me
The universe is aligned

There I go again
Dragging your name through the mud
Now you should know:
I’ll look into your looking through my looking too

No comments: