Friday, March 04, 2005

Just As If I'd Never Sinned

In Alphabetical Order
a Matty Matt Sax Project
Circa 2005
Written with and featuring Roy Hubbard


Many a men have fallen
Thinking they’re worthy of a Christ-like callin’
Spendin’ and laboring, all of their weary souls toiling
Not recognizing that the true Vine calls them
Soon as the triumph comes
Most play the hare when the race not done
The tortoise Sin pounces upon them
Many shrink to despair laden with guilt and heavy burdens
Been down that road a thousand times
Died a thousand deaths; lost a million lives
It took a long time for me to recognize
That only in Christ that I am justified

Em Am G D
Justification:
Em Am G D
Just as if I’d never sinned
Em Am G D
Is what I used to think that meant
Em B Em
Now I know better

The second verse comes harder
So be more thoughtful; be more smarter
No wisdom of man but the wisdom of God-der
The God who baptizes in Spirit and water
A man’s heart is like a leoparda
That can’t change his spots not even sorta
Man can’t justify himself that’s unthought of
Spoken of as evil in the Word of God what!

Chorus

Take a hard look in the mirror
And be more honest; see more clearer
Sin is a part of you but do not fear
Perfect righteousness is much more near
Oh young man so be of good cheer
Blessed are those who mourn so shed those tears
Mourn over your sins present and past years
And claim God’s righteousness in your last years
Have an understanding of the ups and downs
That the Christian walk is not all joys and smiles
Become a servant and then we are found
Justified by him who holds the crown

Chorus

I am a C
I am a C-H
I am a C-H-R-I-S-T-I-A-N
And I have C-H-R-I-S-T in my H-E-A-R-T and I will L-I-V-E E-T-E-R-N-A-L-L-Y

I am a C
I am a C-H
I am a Christian who sings dumb S-O-N-Gs
And all the A-T-H-E-I-S-Ts and A-G-N-O-S-T-I-Cs don’t take M-E S-E-R-I-O-U-S-L-Y

No comments: