Friday, March 04, 2005

Song

In Alphabetical Order
a Matty Matt Sax Project
Circa 2005

F C
I recorded a song
Dm C Bb
Thought that maybe I’d add piano
F C
So I am singing along
Dm C Bb
To the back left you hear a banjo

Gm C
I was in the key of G
Dm C Bb
But that had to change
Gm C
I transposed it down to F
Dm C Bb
To fit my vocal range

Here comes the chorus

F C Gm
Background vocals here
Bb C Bb
A nice catchy chorus with lots of oohs
F C Gm Bbm
You never want to end it on a minor chord

The second verse is weak
Unless you add a xylophone
To help and carry it through
A bass line maybe or even a trombone

So now I need some drums
Nothing big, just a high hat
A rim shot in half time
Now we’re getting close to climax

Chorus number two
Exchange the rim shot with a snare drum
Don’t forget not to end it on a minor chord

Dm Am Bb F
Here is the bridge
You may notice that every bridge there is
Is quiet at first then builds up into a solo
Which will lead right into the last chorus of the song

Last chorus here
Throw everything on top if you want to
Just change the key for a classical
Huge end of your song
That’s how you write a song
That’s how you write a song

No comments: