Sunday, May 17, 2009

C this Movie: Or Don't!!

one a day for all of may.

Castaway: The worst movie ever. Tom Hanks stuck on an island for 90% of it, talking to a coconut. He gets off and his wife leaves him. Absolutely terrible.

Capote: Haven't seen it in a while. Remember liking it. Remember thinking - This guy had a weird voice.

Caddyshack: I didn't grow up on this movie but watched it about a year ago. First viewing. Absolutely terrible. I realize that some of you think this is probably sinful. But humor seems to be culturally stamped and dated. It comes with an expiration date on it. Just try going back and watching Saved by the Bell. Sure, it was enjoyable then. Now....just terrible.

Child's Play: I can still vividly recall one of those final scenes where little Chuckie slices through that guys ankle with an exact-o-knife. It went down so smoothly like butter. I remember the slicing motion being somewhat slow and dramatic. Now that I think about it, why didn't the guy move his ankle after the initial piercing? Why did he sit there still to let the knife sink in about 3 more inches before yelping out for help?

City Slickers: I used to watch this A LOT on VHS growing up. I remember when Billy Crystal helped deliver that calf (later to be named Norman) from the pregnant cow. Even then I wondered why human assistance was necessary in the birth of cows. How do cattle manage without us?

Click: I never saw it. But the previews convinced me that Adam Sandler had made another poor career move.

Crocodile Dundee: This capitalized on a popular movie premise: Place a person of one culture inside a different culture. (Other movies to play on this cross-cultural comedic experiment - Encino Man, Rush Hour, Coming to America, and Curious George)

1 comment:

jessica said...

castaway: people have such strong opinions about this film. my hypothesis is i think you have to be crazy introverted to like it.

click: i double dog dare you to watch it and not cry.