Saturday, May 30, 2009

Call me Crazy. Seriously. Do it.

One A Day For All Of May.

"I went to the car dealership the other day for an oil change (I have free coupons there). Big mistake. I never have pleasant experiences there. A simple oil change ends up taking over an hour. And I bring a book with me to read while I wait...only I can't read it because the Today Show is cranked up to unheard of (pun) volume levels. Very distracting. And the coffee is bad. And it smells weird. And people talk too loud on their cell phones."

This is how I wanted to begin this morning's blog post. I was going to pry deep into my irritation of car dealerships. Call me crazy, but I am going to hit the brakes (pun) and not go there. Call it conscience. Call it conviction. I realized today that my blog posts are simply forums for venting irritation and frustration. I hop on here, think about something that has recently bugged me, and I aim my lasers, tasers, and rockets at it (pun), pouring out hot, steamy, poisonous satire. And today, I will refrain (at least in part....I did include that paragraph at the top, didn't I? (pun)). Today I will write about something that I enjoy:

I like ice cream.

Hmmm. Not too much comedic mileage on things that are pleasant.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could have gone into what your favorite type of ice cream is but I understand that might lead into venting on ice creams you don't like, so it may have been a good thing. One more day, who's it feel?

Dawn Elizabeth said...

I just found your blog! Yay! And furthermore, I have to run over to the AAA place for them to check something with my oil. Great.