Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Conversation: A Relapse

One a day for all of May

Gene: So I was enjoying chewing on a strip of leather the other day, and out of nowhere I spot this cat stuck up in a tree.

Oliver: Really? A cat up in a tree?

Gene: Yeah. A real cat stuck up in a tree.

Oliver: So what did you do?

Gene: Well, I did what anyone should do. I called the fire department.

Oliver: You really called the fire department? You tied up the fire department for a freakin' cat? People's homes could be burning and they might be 20 minutes late because you have them climbing up in trees trying to help cats??

Gene: Hey - who else is going to do it?

Oliver: I don't know....you climb up and do it.

Gene: That is crazy. I need one of those big ladders that they have.

Oliver: So, go buy a ladder from the hardware store.

Gene: Ok, so I go buy a ladder. And I climb up. What if the cat is rabid or something and bites me? I need that fire-proof protective gear they wear.

Oliver: So, ok, go buy some protective fire-proof outfit.

Gene: Now let me get this straight: You want me to essentially dress up like a fireman instead of actually calling a fireman and once I am dressed up like a fireman - then I climb up a tree and let this cat down myself.

Oliver: That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying buy a ladder and a fire-proof outfit.

Gene: Would I need to buy one of their fireman hats?

Oliver: Yes.

Gene: Exactly.

1 comment:

Amy Doze said...

Oh no! Not Gene and Oliver again!