Monday, May 18, 2009

Clogging Arteries with Meat

One day a for the month May of...

Meat Lover's Pizza. Come on, people. Do we really need that much animal? I was recently at a pizza joint and considered the "Meat Lover's." I felt that this was an appropriate decision because I love meat. I haven't ever thought to label myself as a "Meat Lover," but once I thought about it, sure, I would label myself that. Meat Lover Matt. Maybe that could be my new nickname.

So, after reflecting about my new identity in relation to loving meat, I perused the toppings on this pie. Bacon, sausage, hamburger, italian sausage, pepperoni, ham, canadian bacon. I've seen this thing ordered before. It is simply a heaping mound of assorted meats resting atop some dough. Seriously, people? Granted, I love meat (see my new nickname), but even I cannot see a reason to ingest entire mouthfuls of animal for a whole meal. Does one really need that much?

And then it hit me. This is what really separates the "Meat Lovers" from the "Meat Likers." Because if someone truly loves meat - loves it so much that they are willing to eat nothing but various meat combinations for a meal - then this pizza is for them. I shouldn't flatter myself and call myself a "Meat Lover" and then scoff at an all-animal pizza. This is truly for the Meat Lovers. I, after some reflection, am nothing but a "Meat Liker."

Meat Liker Matt - my new(er) nickname.

No comments: