Sunday, May 24, 2009

Cartoons of Chest Cavities

¡¡¡una dia para todos los mayo!!

When you go to the doctor and you are waiting in the waiting room (that is what you do there), have you ever looked at the "artwork" on the walls? Decorating the walls are cartoon pictures of nasty, internal human organs. Do I really want to look at that? No, I don't. So I force my eyes away from the pink and green jumbo-shaped spleen in front of me and the multiple layers of epidermis with enormous, pencil-like hair follicles protruding out.

I was already sick before I got here. That is why I am here. I am sick. I don't need that nausea reinforced and encouraged by disturbing and disgusting cartoons of the inner-workings of my heart ventricles. Or my folded up bag of intestines. Or my nervous system.

Spare yourselves the vomit-cleaning that is impending and take those pictures down. How about replacing them with calming photographs of bunny rabbits and dandelions?

No comments: