Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Can You Give Me Your iPhone?

One a day for all of iMay

I want your iPhone. I know you have one. Everyone does. I see you using it. Heck...I've even been trying to actually converse with you in person...and yet you cannot divert your eyes away from your toy. You are like a 3 year old. You cannot look away. It has you hypnotized. What are you even doing with it that it requires such focus? I see you scrolling through things. Is that your email that you are checking? People who write you words are a bigger priority than a person standing right in front of you speaking? Ok, you are sick. I can help you though. Just give me your iPhone. I can free you of this obsession. I can break its curse. Just slowly give it to me. Wait. Not too quick. Nice and easy. Just slowly lift your eyes from its flashy screen and look into mine. See. There. No that's better. Now we are actually making eye contact. Good. That is step one. Now fight the urge to look back down. Fight hard. I know you want to look down and scroll around a bit more. I know you want to update your Twitter or your Facebook status real quick about how you made eye contact with an actual human. Fight the urge. Now. Just slowly hand the iPhone over to me. Yes. That's it. Real slow like. That's good. Oh. It's not as heavy as I thought it would be. Oh, wow. The screen is very pleasant to look at it. It is soft on my eyes. Oh, the pretty colors. I have to update my Facebook status.

No comments: