Monday, May 19, 2008

The Letter E

onE a day for all of may...

Cauliflower au gratin. I ate some last week. I probably haven't had cauliflower au gratin since 6th grade. But last week broke the streak. As well as my heart. And my nose.

When I was in 6th grade I would buy my lunch from school. Only on Wednesdays though. That was pizza day. Square-pizza day, actually. I remember buying two slices (or squares) of pizza...which was a bit radical back then because everyone usually got one. You got one square and then some vegetables. I found out how to work the system though. 2 slices. No vegetables. Same price. I was a happy 6th grader on Wednesdays.

Well...until I had to go out to the bike rack to face Alex Li. He was older. He was bigger. He had long hair. And he wore one of those chain-wallet things. And I think he wore Jencos and Doc Martins. Everyone was scared of Alex Li.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JNCO's. i've got three pair from when i was bigger. Dr. Milton will not let me wear them to teach in though.