Friday, May 16, 2008

Sit Boo Boo Sit, Good Dog

One a May for all of day...

Our dog has a toy bone that she chews. She sits there gnawing away for hours on this thing. She loves it. Pure, chewy entertainment. This got me thinking...

What if "chewing" was entertainment to us? Imagine carving out an hour block on your schedule with nothing but a good stick of gum. You're there, sitting there on the couch, passing the day with a good chew.

Friend: What are you doing?

You: Chewing.

Friend: Yeah, I see that. But why are you just sitting there?

You: I'm just enjoying my chew.

Friend: You're just chewing?

You: Well, I'm enjoying also. I'm chewing and enjoying. I'm doing two things, I guess.

2 comments:

grain of S.A.L.T. said...

Don't some folks do that with tobacco?

Scott St. James said...

I´ve heard that to chew is good to the brain, seems to be good to do it when you need concentration.
I think it´s true, Hitler didn´t like to chew.