Sunday, May 11, 2008

Shirley Ellis - My Dairy Queen

One a day for all of...well....you know....

Matthryn Matthryn bo Batthryn banana fanna fo Fatthryn
Fee fie Mo Matthryn. Matthryn!

You know the song. You sang it in junior high (and high school (and college))). But did you know that it was a record that was actually #3 on the Billboard charts in 1965? I didn't. And it has other lyrics as well, I discovered. Here are the lyrics that basically explains what in the world is going on with all these bananas and fo fannas:

The first letter of the name, I treat it like it wasn't there
But a B or an F or an M will appear
And then I say bo add a B then I say the name and Bonana fanna and a fo
And then I say the name again with an F very plain
and a fee fy and a mo
And then I say the name again with an M this time
and there isn't any name that I can't rhyme

Please just watch this and get educated...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MJLi5_dyn0

Or if you are really brave...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6ycaH1Mzy0

No comments: