Monday, May 14, 2007

Debit All to Heck

One a day for all of May...

Have you ever noticed how many freakin' times you have to hit various buttons on those debit card thingys at the end of the grocery check-out? I swipe my card. It wants to know "Credit or Debit." So I push "Debit." Then it commands me to type in my PIN. Ok, so I do so. Then it displays the total and wants to know if this is correct. Yes it is, so I push "Yes." Then it wants to know if I want cash back. I push "no." I'm surprised it doesn't have one more screen that asks, "Are you sure?" And the biggest headache is that you can't just hit the same green button over and over. You really have to pay attention and hit the green button, the "yes" button, one of those odd-side buttons that never really correspond to the thing you want to hit, etc. It takes me forever. I'm always stressed out too because I'm holding up the line and meanwhile the checkout person is trying to help me and walk me through it, messing with her own screen which inadvertently messes up the progress on my screen. This is only Reason #218 why I hate the grocery store.

No comments: