Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Madness

One a day for all of May...

Today is Mother's Day. It is a day set aside especially for Mothers, Moms, Mums, Mommys, and Flooms. You know, Kathryn and I have had a change of heart concerning said day. We both thought that the day has always been an artificial, Halmark-created, American invention to perpetuate capitalism. But now that we've grown up a bit (Kathryn more than me) and have experienced more interaction with a number of little children around Charlotte, we have had a change of heart. Mothers are freakin amazing. They should get Mother's Day every day. They actually touch snot and "poopy." They deal with infants screaming in their ear. They have to spank cute little people sometimes. My hat is off to you (and my socks). Mothers of the world unite. Mothers Against Drunk Driving. May MADDness.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

matthryn, same thing happened to me. I wish now I could go back in time and buy my mother really great things that she would enjoy. Like movie popcorn or specialty cheeses.

julia said...

And thank you for cleaning my kid's poopy and rapping while another pooped this Mother's day. BTW, for any devoted readers, Kathryn was present, lest you think Matt has undisclosed children...