Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Harmonizing Thugs

One a day for all of May...

Wake up! Wake up! I couldn't help but notice yesterday that Bone Thugs-N-Harmony has come out with a new album. It is called "Strength and Loyalty" with a few choice songs that include: "Bump in the Trunk," "Flowmotion," "Gun Blast," and of course "Bump in the Trunk Remix." Wow. I used to actually listen to these guys. Bone Thugs-N-Harmony? Help me out here people. How in the world does a group of "thugs" figure out that they can sing, much less harmonize? This goes back to my Boy Band question. This one is all the more puzzling because they present themselves as "thugs." But the "thugs" that I've seen around town are not gathered around burning trashcans harmonizing with each other. The whole image is a bit off-putting to say the least. Are these "thugs" arguing about which one is going to take the baritone or the soprano? How did they decide which key sounds the best for them as a group? They are essentially a "thuggish" glee-club from the streets. I miss my Uncle Charles yall.

4 comments:

Dave said...

That post encouraged me to pour some out for my dead homies...just keepin it real

Anonymous said...

Well, while you were not being able to help but notice that Bone Thugs-n-Harmony came out with a new record, I too couldn't help but notice something interesting. I couldn't help but notice that the original members of Bone Thugs-n-Harmony were Krayzie Bone, Layzie Bone, Wish Bone, Bizzy Bone, and Flesh-n-Bone. Of course, when I say I couldn't help but notice, I really mean that I looked up these people. Which of course means that I could help but notice. If they were to let me join their group, I would want to be called De-Bone, or better yet, Trom Bone.

Anonymous said...

See you at the crossroads. You won't be lonely.

Unknown said...

guess who else is coming out with a new album...Snow! Remember "Informer...a licky boom boom down!"