Saturday, May 19, 2007

(Patty) Melt in my Hand

One a day for all of freakin' May...

Yesterday I took it back to the proverbial old school and ate a few M&Ms. They were delightful and I can't tell you the last time I had plain, brown-packaged M&Ms. Of course, I pondered the whole experience. I remember growing up that I actually used to think that there were "E's" on them. Now I get it. They are Ms. Another thought - why in the world do they market them as "melting in my mouth" and "not in my hand." Everyone knows this is a blatant lie. M&Ms very clearly "melt in my hand." And I'm sure they melt in everyone else's hands as well. It is not the "melting in my mouth" bit that I have a problem with. This part is true - and quite rewarding. But the "melting in my hand" bit is the lie - and frustrating. I think they should have a new marketing gimmick. It should be, "M&Ms...I bet you don't know what the Ms stand for." Or how about, "M&Ms....They make you say Mmmmmm." Or maybe even, "M&Ms....You know you want some bite-sized, thinly candy-coated, chocolately-flattened-oval-spheres with "Ms" on them that melt all over your hands." Magnificent & Mouthwaterings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

m is for moldy mittens

Anonymous said...

I think it means that you want to eat them so fast that they don't have a chance to melt in your hand.

I once did a science project on which color M&M coating comes off the fastest when placed in hot water. If you are interested in the results let me know. It's not pretty.