Monday, May 28, 2007

Rebates and Postage Rates

one A day for All of mAy...

I bought a Brita water filter replacement filter thingy yesterday. It came with a $4 rebate. A whole $4 rebate. Wow. Are they really going to send me a check in 6-8 weeks written out to Matthew T Howell for 4 bucks? It is really completely pointless. I wasn't even counting on doing the rebate, it was just there and available. Here is the interesting part (as if you weren't already riveted thus far), postage is freakin' 41 cents. That's like nearly 1/8th of the entire rebate. So really, this rebate is worth about $3.50. It is probably going to cost me more in gas to actually take my rebate check to the bank for depositing. $4 rebate? Absolutely worthless.

3 comments:

keely said...

well aren't you mr. fancy pants that 4 bucks doesn't make or break you? someday you'll learn that 4 bucks is big time. big time.

Anonymous said...

You have to drive to the post office to mail a letter?

Anonymous said...

I want a rebate on this blog!