Saturday, May 12, 2007

Kathryn Wins Argument

One a day for all of May...

Earlier this week, Kathryn and I got into bit of a "scuffle" over the breakfast table. It wasn't anything serious, just a discussion of sorts with both of us on two different sides of the issue. And it was so insignificant, neither one of us can recall just what it was about. However, the thing that we both remember was how the argument ended. At the height of the "scuffle" (not to be confused with skizzle), Kathryn said, "Yeah? Well, my mom is putting my childhood cat to sleep tomorrow." The argument was officially over. Kathryn laid down the "Dead-Childhood-Pet" trump card and ended it right then and there. I am now on the search for my own trump card in the hopes that it will end any "scuffle" with me coming out on top. I've thought about, "Yeah? Well, I had my wisdom teeth taken out when I was younger." But that doesn't seem to have the same umph (sp?) that hers does.

2 comments:

Clint said...

"yeh, well, I had sex with your wife!" is an ace up anyone's sleeve.

Anonymous said...

I think "your face" is the ultimate winner of anything. I actually wrote a longer comment eariler but something went wrong on here and it was erased.